View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 01:00 AM

Parker is on a distinguished road

The Blackrock is nice, but, there's always a but. They have a long way to go before they become what they are trying to sell. They sell them selves as high end resortish but their staff makes it seem more like Super 8.

It wasn't any one thing that bothered us just a bunch of little things. We went to check in at 3:40 pm and they made us wait until 4:00pm to check into an empty hotel. Which is fine but they didn't even direct us to the lounge or restaurant, or offer to come get us when our room was ready. Just said come back later. They lost our dinner reservation. My wife split some bottled water on the kitchen floor and when she wiped it up the paper towel came up BLACK. I dropped the remote behind the bath tub and when I looked behind it to get the remote is was filthy back there, a deflated balloon, a child must have been playing in the tub as there were a ton of cheerios behind there. I had to interrupt the frat boy conversation at the lounge more then once trying to get our bill so we could head back to the room. We booked what was called the romance package ( it was our anniversary ) that came with a few extra perks, champagne, chocolate fondue etc. They didn't bother to explain any of it to us, I had to hunt down someone to give us the when and where type thing.

Overall it's a nice place, beautiful views, good food. They just need a bit of customer service improvement.