View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Glass isn't exactly a uniform and perfect thing it's still sortof a product like wood with each piece being a little different and who knows how holes will affect the bottom (or even sides). They definitely don't strengthen the glass we know that.

I don't think a snapper will do much in a tank that size. I had a Dart gold on my 225 and it lost a ton of it's oomph before making it into the tank and your tank is far larger.

If these MP60s are reliable and not as noisey as you'd think they'd be (comparing size and flow to the mp40) then they sounds like serious WIN.

I've often fantasized about building a decent sized island overflow in the middle of the tank (but not drilling the bottom or using it as the overflow). Then you'd drill this tower with outlets and drop a pair of the big RD 12m3 into it so they sit right in the tank, are dead silent and provide a fail-proof CL flow from your island. Reach overtop and yank them out for servicing. Only issue is I don't think 36" front to back is wide enough to make this an option.