View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 02:28 AM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

Right that's exactly what I do. I leave my powerhead in the power backup and if there is a power outage it just kick in and switch back to the electricity and recharge itself when the power return. it is automatic.

The only drawback of doing this is if you have a feeding mode where you shot down your pump, then obviously if your controller shut off the power the power back up will take over.

I have only put one pump on this and my skimmer so when I use my stand by mode only one pump and my skimmer keep going and the flow is slow enough to feed my tank.

where did you see bad reviews on the Noma 1800 watt? From what I read, some people were not leaving it plugged 24/7 and expected to just plug it after not using for years and then it would charge again. Any battery if left uncharged for very long time will just be wasted. It is always a good idea to cycle a battery once in awhile and not leave it unplugged for a long time. Some people also got a defective unit which would not fully charge but that should be easy to verify on the first week of use. I have my 400 watt for a few years and it work well. Surely the battery is probably not at 100% of what it was when brand new but it still does the job for many hours running my pump and skimmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALang View Post
Thank you for your inputs. I'll be looking for Noma power back up. The 1800W seems to have very
bad reviews, so I am hoping that the 400W has better. Price is more reasonable, too.
So Daniella3d, do you just leave your powerheads and skimmer plug into the unit all the time? Then when the power does go out, it'll automatically switches on and power the appliances, then charges itself back up, right?

Last edited by daniella3d; 09-28-2010 at 02:38 AM.