View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 05:12 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about
Default Tips for a nem/clown only tank?

The idea of keeping my Solana running in the kitchen after I transfer my sps to the bigger tank has really grown on me. Now I want to keep some type of anemone and a pair of black clowns...not sure what type yet.

What sort of things should I consider and how much flow will I need for say a RBTA or something?

The tank is 34g, will have a tiny bit of sand, few rocks, 150 mh, Tunze 9002. What I was thinking of doing is do my water changes from the big tank. Rather than toss out my 10 gallons every week or two...use those gallons to do a water change on the Solana. I figure SPS require the more pristine water but maybe I am wrong there? The 9002 does not perform well in my opinion...might that be an issue?

I have a couple mj1200s I'd want to use for flow and had an idea to attach a piece of 1/2" pvc to the intakes of each. pvc extends to the bottom of the tank and has a ton of holes drilled. This should be a very nem-friendly tank then shouldn't it?

Any advice or ideas...please share!