View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 08:39 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough
Default CR@P!!!!! Newly set up 220g sw reef cracked tonight!!!!!

Midnight - hear loud noise & then loud water spraying noise. Thought it was my return pump coming off the hose. No such luck!

The front Starphire pane cracked from the bottom left corner to almost the top right corner. Water shooting out hard enough to wet my couch. Carpet is soaked. Tile is wet & slippery. How wet & slippery? Enough to send me flying in the kitchen when I went to grab buckets. Left rib cage is hurt so Irene is stuck with alot of the heavy lifting. Only have one good side to help. She's such a trooper. Honestly don't give my loving wife enough props.

Pulled all the live rock, corals & fish & almost everything is now in the 120g which I luckily didn't sell off yet (it was pending). Turned off all power to the tank & added powerheads to the 120g & now got to add a skimmer too.

Back to the clean up.

Only silver lining is that it didn't happen while we were on vacation (got back Sunday afternoon).

Anthony