View Single Post
Old 11-28-2003, 02:03 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Partly, but the amount of atmosphere a photon must traverse is directly proportional to the angle of incidence. If that photon is aiming for the equator it enters the atmosphere at a vector normal (i.e., perpendicular) to the surface of the earth. So it has the least amount of distance to travel. Also all his buddies are all hitting of surface area of the earth that is the smallest in comparison to the same number of photons hitting a surface at any degree other than zero. So more photons per unit area and least amount of atmosphere.

At our latitude thus there are fewer photons per unit surface area, and more atmosphere.

At sunset there are fewer photons yet (thus least amount of intensity) and the furthest distance to travel through atmosphere.

And now my brain hurts. THANKS a lot, I haven't had to sing and dance like that since I was in school!!