View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 03:30 AM

Atomikk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by freerider View Post
Hey Everyone, just gonna get right into my problem, i have a insane cyno bacteria problem and ive tried everything, i do a 25% water change every week with good R/O water from LFS, ive added another koralia (could mabye add another) i only have 3 fish now, and i feed once a day, so i know its not a over feeding problem. ive started with chemiclean and it seemed to have worked, but3 days after the cleanup, another out break. ive read that old lights tend to cause to much red light so i changed every bulb in my light just last week. my corals are dieing, by Anemone died and i dont know why, water tests perfect for everything. I havent seen my cleaner shrimp in a couple days so as you can see im about to send my fish(which are doing prefectly fine) to my moms tank and trashing mine becuase i just cant seem to get ahead, the tank has been running for about 2 years now, have a fluval 304 which i clean out once a month, got a reef octo bh1000 skimmer and 2 koralia powerheads. if anyone has any advice that would be awsome, im thinking mabye just chucking out the rock and sand and starting from scratch.let me know
Travis
Thanks
Ditch the Koralia powerheads. They are known for their seal letting up and allowing water into the motor housing causing stray voltage to run through your tank. Best test is to find a cut on your hands, and while barefoot, touch the water. If you get zapped, you have stray voltage. If not, then you are ok.

The cyano issue is always very simple, there is too many nutrients in your water. The water from your LFS is probably high in total disolved solids (TDS). Get yourself a RO/DI unit. Trust me, it will give you sanity.

Vlad.