View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 05:51 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky_Fish14 View Post
What are your plans for finishing the stand?
Well since I'm not good with working with wood in the craftsman sense and I am in fact doing wood this time I'll make sure it looks good before I say! It wil be pretty simple tho: just skinning with 1/2" standard plywood, 2 or 3 inch ledge around the the tank's bottom (won't see bottom seam). The canopy will be joined to the stand with a rear portion that hides the rear seams. Basically the only seams showing with be the front two...sorta like a built-in. Plan to paint with a white/creamy colour.

FlamesFan's 25g tank/stand is my partial inspiration here but mine won't look 1/10th as nice!

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67205

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoaElite View Post
WOW, like always Jay did a killer job. Can't wait to see that thing stocked Brett!
Yeah there isn't an edge not mitred and polished on the tank or sump. Even the bottom of the baffles have curved cuts it is pretty sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcha0s View Post
The tank looks really nice. I guess that's one way of solving your heat issues
Yeah I took that 'add more volume' advice to heart didn't I? I think this is it for upgrades while I'm living here tho as I'm not bothering with a basement reno while we're here. When I am in a house again though...gears will turn =)

Last edited by lastlight; 08-23-2010 at 06:34 AM.