View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 01:46 AM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

I'm into the 4th week of Vertex bio pellets. I've noticed a few changes but nothing too spectacular. My bubble coral seems to be inflating larger than normal and the polyps on my gorgonian extend out more than they used to. The skimmer also produces slightly more foam than it was. Other than that the tank seems to be functioning the same as it has been which is great. Nitrate and phosphate continue to be undetectable even though I'm not using GFO anymore and I've cut back to only 5-10gal weekly water changes. My whole objective behind trying this new product was to find something that would save me money on GFO and salt and they seem to be doing the trick.

I'm now growing this macro algae in my frag area under the MH. I used to have it under 16W 6.5K CF bulbs and it barely did anything (I also used to run GFO...). But now its growing at an exponential rate.

There is still just 400ml in the reactor but I've had to turn up the flow to try and keep the pellets from binding together.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour