View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 04:35 PM

JonT is on a distinguished road

I have seen tanks that have been filled from donations. The first step is getting a tank there. Best way is to find one being sold cheap. Maybe you can convince the owner that it is going to a good cause and negotiate a cheaper price.

From there, you can make it a fish only low bio load tank. It would only need normal lighting (cheap to do) and minimal filtration. From there, it would get only as expensive as you make it.

If you can get some decent lights for the tank, and some rock in there, then you can look to put easy growing corals in (keep it simple applies here big time!). Most will over look leather corals, and mushrooms, but they can look very nice is a simple setup.

I would stay away from nano's too small, too much maintenance. The small size would make it easy to be knocked over as well (depending on the residents in the LTC your at)

Find a tank, I still have a bucket of rock sitting at my place. I was going to put it up for sale, its yours for the cost of shipping. Since the last person I was talking with here hasn't answered the messages.

Anything past a couple weeks, and I am going to have to sell it. She-who-must-be-obeyed (and isn't a huge fan of my tank either) isn't happy with the bucket of rock beside the tank!