View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 02:38 PM

JonT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobytron View Post
except that many people have used and reviewed sea clones and we know from user experience that they are inefficient.

writing a piece of equipment off just because it's cheap is somewhat ignorant IMO.
and again. as a recent example we all saw alot of that same ignorance when Bubble Magus' first came out and now that they are widely accepted as a decent piece of equipment they sell for significantly more.

for 60$, it might be worth a try and a review for everyone else here...

Big difference being that the Magus, and other lower costing units were copies of the high end skimmers that had big $$ spent on R&D. This thing looks more like a seaclone than a high end skimmer.

When the magus was used, it did preform similar to the high ends, I am going to wager my money this will preform similar to equal units like the seaclone.

I would have to agree with a comment above. Save a bit more, and get a better, and known unit.

Side note, that seller is selling lots of items that are lower priced knock offs. I am sure that they don't use the materials that the brand named versions do, and thus you could be risking your tanks health.