Thread: Monti Problems?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 06:25 PM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

I've had this problem with monti's in the past too but I've had nothing but success with them now (give or take). I have one colony, a danae, that for some reason will bleach to all hell in a single day (like only 25% to 50% left) then grow back over several months and then do it all again. No idea why, nothing close by, just... does it. My other monti's kind of go through happy and rough periods as well, though not as dramatic... maybe just a couple days of looking ****ed.

Personally I think it's a virus or bacteria in the water if it's targeting monti's specifically; I doubt it's a parameter thing if you have other happy SPS in your tank. I find for the most part monti's aren't very demanding, so if your other SPS are happy, they likely are as well.

No real solutions for you here other than to check the flow in the locations were you are putting them. I've found my monti's are really sensitive to flow more than anything else, with either really high or really low flow encouraging good polyp extension, depending on the type.