View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 09:14 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Can't help with advice on placement in an odd shaped tank, my 77 is your standard rectangle so I have one MP40W ES at each end. I can pretty much assure you though that a single VorTech will be insufficient for most applications on a tank your size. You'll need to continue to supplement flow with several of your other pumps until you decide on a second VorTech. In addition, purchasing a wireless capable pump and not using the full features offered by the wireless control capabilities by having a second pump, would be a waste of money. The features and options with two or even three of these is mind boggling, almost too much to wrap your head around.

Due to the cost, I started with a single MP40W several years ago, just before the Gen 2 upgrade. I managed to snag a good deal on a second new one (Gen 2) from a fellow reefer on another forum who had a change of plans about a year after my initial purchase from J&L. A few bucks to upgrade the original to Gen 2 and I was away to the races. And of course a few months ago, I ordered a couple of the ES drivers to get the added features provided by the latest upgrade.