View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 06:22 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

i had a student loan from the bank (cibc)years ago i paid them out of an inheritance the amount owing was roughly 7000 it was divided into two loans.i wrote two checks from my bank(rbc) one for 4000 and one for 3000 and brought them to cibc and paid off my loans.i checked and the money was taken out . 1 year later when i went to do my taxes they said they were going to keep my refund and when i asked they said for unpaid student loans. when i called they said they only recieved the 4000 check and not the 3000. my bank says they took both and can prove it when i called cibc to tell them this they said they merely act as a middle man handing off the money to the govt and arent responsible after it leaves their branch i spent over a year tracking it down with the help of my bank. still...... nothing. i called a laywer and he said going to court with banks are very tough and that i should cut my losses but will take the case if i want, me being young and stupid never went through with it if i had my time back i would have they robbed 3000 from me and didnt even try to help in the least little bit when i approached them with a problem......banks eh!!