Thread: Noob question:
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 08:49 PM

krg is on a distinguished road

Well..I just took my latest readings, and I'm a little surprised. I'll be the first to say that, I'm lazy. I'd love to have an imaculate tank like many of you have. Without a sump, and without a skimmer..I just don't know how possible that is. I have some algae growing(red and green) that I haven't stayed on top of, and I have some things growing that I don't know what they are. They kinda look like a cross between plants, and weeds. I also think I may have bristleworms. I have little crawlie..somethings. They look like little larvea of something. Well..i'd say like a wee little centepede, not really a worm. My water changes are infrequent and as you read earlier..I'm not even sure what I'm vacuuming or doing when I do a water change. I haven't added any salt to my tank in months. I've only topped up my tank with RO water when it's evaporated. And with all of this my readings are good.
PH:8.2
Amonia:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:0
Phosphate: .5
Salinity:1.023
Temp: 80.4
I'm not doing much, and it seems to be working. As I said..I'd like to have a tank worth showing off, I just got to get off my lazy rear-end, and maybe buy a skimmer and powerheads, etc..etc..
As I read your posts, I realise how very little I know, and how much work I should be doing. Any thoughts??
Take care everyone,
Kennan