View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 05:48 AM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaloupa View Post
Thank you all for the input.

I do want to have a glass sump....I want it to be viewable by customers so that they can better understand what a sump does....but I want it to be functional..that's all. No huge refugium or anything, just big and functional.

Oh, and the tank is located in my store...so real estate is still at a premium!!! Must look good, even though it will be in a cabinet.....it will be made to look good, be functional and hide all the junk!!
IMO the fuge is the only functional part of a sump... everything else is just added on for function. (ie Reactors etc).. i would have 3 chambers.. inlet, fuge and return.. the inlet section would be big enough to house my skimmer and what ever else i wanted to add that needed a pump for operation....return would house return pump and probes and other small extras (no pump required. for the reason of micro bubbles)

If i had a shop and was doing this i would have the center of the sump viewble and a have a wicked fuge for customers to view... lots of different macro and do some small inverts like pompom crabs and sexy shrimp.. i have aways wanted to do somthing like this but just dont have the room..

just an idea that i think could work out great for a store..
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.