View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 07:05 AM

Slick Fork is on a distinguished road

Well, overflow is built and was siliconed on Sunday after a night out at the movies. Set it up in the garage and filled it up, we'll see if it's exploded overnight. Any thoughts on how long to run the leak test? I was thinking it wouldn't hurt anything to leave it full for a few days, maybe even a week? I may even set the wavebox up on it to see if it will handle the wave or not. Anyways, more pics less chatter as they say so here we go:

First is the tank on the sheet of birch so I could map out the holes I'm going to have to cut in the countertop to accomodate plumbing. Check out the awesome looking steel stand I picked up last weekend! Thanks Grizz

This next shot is just a view of the bottom of the external overflow, gives you an idea about how far out it extends. It's about 4" sticking out from the tank (so I can fit my hand in or use it as storage) and 10 wide and 10 high. I ended up with the holes about a quarter inch too big so I just ran a bead of silicone, if it works great, if it doesn't I guess I'm moving up to the next size bulkhead!

Finally, and I guess it should've been first but meh, a quick shot of the fancy clamps I used to glue the overflow together. I think without those right angles it would've looked like a drunken nun had tried to put it together for me!