View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 12:11 AM

Scubasteve23 is on a distinguished road
Default More photos :)

Ok now that i have this photo thing figured out ( thanks griz)

here are some photos of the stand and sump so far

bare 40 gallon tank

glass from the local capital glass store

drawing in the lines for the baffles

taping everything in making sure it is square and where i wanted it, dont judge, this is my first time doing anything with silicone and glass..haha.. all in all i think it went good though

so i thought that i could use this to get into tight spaces...haha..it didnt work so well but i gotr done

finished product..im pretty happy with myself

rock waiting to go in the new tank

so i got a bit ansy waiting for the new tank and didnt want allot of die off...so i came up with this

i put the rock awaiting the new tank in the sump tank with some out of my tank to help it cycle a bit.. i have the return just running from one side of the sump to the other for flow and then i have the skimmer in the middel chamber helping to pull any die off out of the water minimizing the impact the new rock will have on the new tank when all the rock goes in together.

ok the stand..i dont have the 3d renedered drawing as a photo file yet but ill try to get it for you guys maybe by tommorow...basically the stand will be ur typical 2x4 2x6 construction with a really nice face and side topped with a granite inlayed top..i work at a cabinet shop as a designer...haha..oh ya im a drafting engineer....lol.. anyways here are the photos

extra wood...hmmm..what can i do with this...

so i built a stand for my 33 that this build was originally about...haha..what can i say..i got a job and decided to go big..haha

so there they both are..all painted and good to go... 33 is already in use as my temp tank while i await the new 120..more pics soon..stay tuned