View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 05:25 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I kind of agree with both Mike and Wayne on this one.

Ultimately most if not all tangs will need a larger tank on account for their need for swimming space.

That said a 3' cube theoretically has a larger volume and between gyre type flows and creative pillar aquascaping where they can go in circles and you could probably keep a smaller tang for a while in there quite comfortably so long as the plan is to eventually rehome him to a larger tank. The only difficulty with this plan is that if you don't plan on a larger tank then it's harder emotionally to part with them when they get to a size that's too big for the tank. But depending on the species of tang, some are not as big as others, that could still be a year or two.

There are some tangs though that are simply too large for most tanks even 6' tanks so some research in species selection is of course in order first.