View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 10:06 PM

Snaz is on a distinguished road
Default Back

Yep I am back. The birth of my 2nd lovely daughter last October put the tank on the back burner. My usual regular weekly water changes fell to about twice a month or worse and as a result I lost 90% of my zoas, the porite stone with the xmas worms and giant feather duster. Most of my coralline has gone too so I'm guessing the main harm done was not replacing the needed minerals as my cheato was keeping up with the nutrient export quite nicely. Surprisingly regardless of my neglect the frogspawn, green Digitata and large green candy-cane corals thrived and have outgrown the 12 gallons so I will be looking to trim and trade them soon I think.

I am taking the Summer off from work to look after my new daughter as my wife returns to her work and so when I am not changing diapers, grinding food, shopping or ferrying my eldest around the city I am looking at my tank again with renewed interest. Stay tuned for more pictures as well as an updated FTS although currently the tank does not look as nice as it previously did.