View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 10:48 AM

blacknife is on a distinguished road

glass on the 2g is 3/8.. it holds water but the silicone is old.. late 80's.
.. one pane will be removed. glass on display tank will either have multiple small holes or slotted out with holes+grinder

overflow will probably be bean.. my main hatred of my tank now is how noisy it is.

I don't have the stand built or designed yet but i will probably design it to have the plumbing run through it and secure. Planing to build it as a small peninsula tank, or just with the overflow on one side, Stand built so it can have its own sump, but for now I just want it tied into my other tank.

on another note would a herbie/bean style of holes still be quiet with just side drilled holes? my 40 has an internal overflow but there is not room to sneak even a street elbow in there. right now it has a single side hole and is extremely noisy. I was thinking of just draining most of the rock and water to the 33 before i get cracking on it and drilling 1-2 more holes in the side to make it quiet. just wondering if anyone thinks it will still be noisy.

Plumbing on the current tank is not stable either and i am paying the price there is occasional microbubles, i have it pinned down to 2 separate joints. will siliconing those joints keep the bubbles out or is that just like putting a bandaid on a arterial wound?