Thread: pH Fluctuation
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 12:32 AM

lehua768 is on a distinguished road

I stopped verifying the accuracy of my pH probe.... as much. I still periodically test the waters with a test kit to see if the probe needs recalibration. I definitely love having a controller, it has freed up considerably amount of time for me.What helps a whole bunch, in my mind, is the consistency of my new saltwater water that I make. I spent the time initially to hammer out a solid production procedure so I know the values of new water going in matches the values of the tank. Then change a min of 10% per week.I get 2 swings per day, 1 when the MH shut off at 7 pm and the ph drops until 9 pm when the Kalk ATO starts up. The ph then slowly raises until 9am when the kalk shuts off and it starts to fall until 11 am when the MH fire up then it raises all day. I just recently expanded my mh by 1 hour on each end so this should make the dips smaller. Been working very hard the past month or more to really get a handle of pH stabilization. Looked at different methods using my controller, kalk and lighting. This got me to thinking, what 'really' is fluctuation?