View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 12:26 AM

burrows14 is on a distinguished road

So its been a while since I have updated this thread lol The tank has been up and running for 2 months now. I have slowly been piecing it together and I am very happy so far. I made a lot of mistakes with my first set up and made sure that they wouldn't happen with this tank. My maintenance on this tank is about 50% less than on my old tank which gives me way more time to enjoy it I ended up drilling another hole in my tank and going with a herbie overflow. My tank is almost completly silent and find the herbie very east to tune. I also ended up going with 100% dry rock instead of my old live rock. There was nothing wrong with my old LR I just thought new tank=new rock lol I ended up seeding it in my old 120 for about 8 weeks before moving it into the new tank. I have been very lucky and have not had any algae blooms or any cycle problems since I started the new tank. the only problems I have had was getting my kh, cal and mag all in check. I will post a livestock and hardware list below and get some picture up in the next day or 2 Gotta Give a Shout out to Viper901 all the help and Ian at Oceanic Corals for answering all my PM's and helping me get this tank up and running!

Cheers
Ray

Livestock list
-Emporer Angel
-Purple Tang
-Juv. Orange shoulder Tang
-Clarkii Clownfish
-Royal Dottyback
-Neon Goby
-RBTA
110lbs Dry rock

Equipment List
Lighting
48" Aqua Photon plus 2x250wMH(phoenix 14k's) 4 54w T-5's (2 ATI blue plus,1 Fiji purple,1 actinic+)
2-Vortech mp40ES
1-Iwaki 1400gph External return pump
Bubble Magus 180CS Skimmer
Apex Lite controller
Tunze ATO
Vertex UF-15 Media Reactor running Bio pellets
TLF 150 running carbon

Last edited by burrows14; 06-27-2010 at 06:00 AM.