View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 05:17 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Hey Brett, thanks for your comments! The overflow was a pain in the butt. I wish i would have put another baffle in there. Dangit. Detritus doesn't settle on the front pane because it is flat, but it does settle on the two side panels which are curved. I just use a turkey baster or small scrubber to dust them off. I think better positioning of powerheads will help as well.

-------------------------------------

Woohoo, got some bulbs for the Glo fixture! I just picked some up from a friend - a no-name Actinic and an Aquascience 15,000K. Looks pretty blue! The bulbs are actually brand new though so they should burn in in the next week or so.

I moved all but 3 Zoa frags to the nano today, and they are all looking pretty good. A couple are closed up still, but most opened up immediately. I am happy to get rid of the clutter from the bottom of my 90. The 90 had a good clean up today. Next weekend I will work on arranging all my SPS frags in my 90 so I can move the frag rack to the nano since it will double as a SPS quarantine tank since SPS pests can't infect Zoas.

I have Tonga branch rock coming in next week I think. I think it will look much nicer.

I think I already need a bigger tank!! It's pretty crowded already!

Anyway, I'm sure you guys are waiting for some more interesting pics, so here they are. Please feel free to make suggestions. I'm not really all that sure how to do the rocks to make the Zoas easy to frag, and look nice when they grow in. It's my first Zoa tank.

One of my newest additions. No ID yet:

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 06-13-2010 at 05:25 AM.