View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 02:09 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Well, I moved most of my Zoas over and added some sand. I'm not happy with the rockscape...I might try to get my hands on some decent sized pieces of Tonga branch - I just have real small pieces. The shape of the tank is really awkward to work with being kind of L shaped because of the overflow and much bigger at the top than the bottom. I think the finer look of the Tonga branch would accent the shape better. The current rockwork I think looks too bulky and takes away from the elegant shape of the tank. Plus...too much rock in the sand. It will give me headaches with restricted flow.

Well Mark, I've been tossing around some ideas for critters. I have been looking at the tank thinking it really isn't designed with seahorses in mind, but with the new plan to go with Tonga branch rock it will be much more pony friendly. I'm not sure if seahorses mind hitching up to Zoa covered rock though...anyone know?

Here are some options I have been considering...

~ 3-5 Flaming Prawn Gobies aka Griessinger Goby OR Yasha Goby (neither are very good choices for open top tank though)
~ Bullseye or Candy Stripe Pistol shrimp
~ Pair of Seahorses (not sure which specie...something smallish for sure)

OR

~ Blue Assessor (if I manage to catch him out of my reef)
~ Maybe something yellow like a Clown Goby or Watchman?

OR

Dwarf Golden Moray (also not a good choice for open top)

OR ???

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 06-12-2010 at 02:30 AM.