View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 03:08 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Olympus vs Canon was a hard choice for me too. Love the Olympus cameras, have an older one and a newer one - the wife keeps the newer one 'cuz it's tiny and I still use the older one for the occasional tank photo (top downs in particular since it fits under the lights when pointing down which I could never do with an SLR). So I really wanted an Olympus but when I went looking I found the Canon D10 and what really sold me on it was the depth to 33feet/10meters whereas most others in the price point are 10feet. 10feet is good for snorkeling but I wouldn't take it diving. I did take the D10 on a dive and I was the only one in the group able to take away pictures from the dives - for some reason the others either didn't have cameras or the cameras didn't work down at depth, despite being in casings that were rated to deeper water.

Hard to go wrong with Olympus or Canon either way though.

Last edited by Delphinus; 06-10-2010 at 03:10 PM.