View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 06:28 AM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

To date we have;

filled with sand, added 1 LARGE bag of live sand, added 300ish gallons of aged salt water from our other tanks, added a small amount of live rock that is all cured, put in some Hagen Cycle (never done it with a SW tank before...what's the harm??) and put in a prawn to rot.

So 2 weeks in and all levels test normal. HUH? No really, we had an ammonia spike and such at first so I left the tank alone figuring I would check it out in a couple weeks to see if we hit the nitrite part of the cycle...and it appears our cycle is over? We had a nice diatom bloom which is also ... over..... Soooooo have added some Chromis to the tank...which are doing fabulously, and must think they are back in the ocean! Not sure what to make of the quick cycle other than I won't be adding anything else until it looks like it truly is stable...and maybe by then I will have my lighting figured out.

When it is up and running well, my own rock with corals aplenty attached will come down to this tank and slowly my 150g will be emptied.

Fish list/wish list;

ALREADY HAVE
5 Chromis
Spawning pair of Spotted Mandarins
Trio of Picasso Clownfish
Golden Dwarf Moray Eel
Achilles Tang
Chevron Tang
Hybrid Tang
Mimic Tang

WISH LIST
Orange Shoulder Tang
4-5 small yellow tangs
School of Anthias
A few gobies....

Probably that's it.....I will be on the lookout for some nice brain corals for the sand bed, and of course Zoa's as that is my biggest SW addiction....but otherwise it will be fairly stocked with what I already own...we do plan on keeping it lighter on LR so there is a ton of swimming room...we'll see though!