View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

if you soaked your rock in copper then it has killed everything off, the reason why you still have ich is because you added new fish and your system is under stress.

The live rock was you filtration but now it's just a decor in your tank and has no filtration benifits.

The ich that keeps popping up in your tank is because the fish are stressed out!

I had this same problem when I had a 90g Fish only system. No matter what others said I thought that it was my tank and I would do what I wanted.

in doing so I killed alot of fish, make sure your tank is not overstocked do lots of waterchanges when there are no traces of copper buy alittle more lr to seed the dead rock!

feed less
I now feed my fish once every 3 days, unfortunately if you have big fish you would have to feed them daily, again if you feed heavy do 2 50% water changes weekly

True story I had a 90g with 140lbs of rock 9 angels from the 3in to 7in range, fed 3 times a day, had ich every time I added new fish, overstocked by 10x, I would do 75% WC weekly, every month I would shake all the rock in a garbage bin filled with tank water, it would look like the nile river couldn't see your hand in 2in of water.....

conclusion: it costed me alot in salt and alot of time doing maintanence, not even considering the cost of food so I shut it down!

if you want more tips pm me!

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips