View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 07:09 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

And we're back on track! After a rough patch including severely decreased income, we're hoping things are now back to normal!

Enmax is not my friend these days...they "forgot" to bill us for three months resulting in a $900 bill. This is after I called them every month and inquired as to the balance owing...oh joy!

So that being said, I'm kind of on a kick to really reduce my monthly utility bills. We currently pay about $204 per month, and and when I calculated all my material out originally I though we'd be paying about ~$350/month to run this beast in utility costs.

I still really love the idea of LED lighting over T5s and MHs. I'm really hoping that in the next year some great LED lighting that would be appropriate to our situation pops up. DIY or commercial, I honestly couldn't care, but the thought of forking out $350 monthly in electricity and water does make me cringe. I'd rather be buying clams with that cash.

Kevin has finished wiring up the basement for internet, and I think the power is run (excluding the workshop) for the whole basement. We have the tank room mostly framed in now. We're just waiting on our water barrels to continue.

The giant beast of a skimmer has been chugging away from quite some time. The stuff it pulls out of the 180g makes me sick to look at. Kevin is looking at doing a few mods on the collection cup to allow for some other adjustments we'll need down the road.