View Single Post
Old 05-21-2002, 04:11 AM

DJ88 is on a distinguished road
Default Dolphin Ampmasters

Marc Titus,

One thing to concider with these pumps is that they run at a lot lower RPM than a table saw is required to run at. But then again you use various pulleys to increase the RPM there. The housing and such isn't a good indication of how the inner parts of the motor is set up. You will need to know how many windings and such there is inside.

Titus,

If you take a look at the CSA manufacturers plate on the side of the motor itself you will see that the max Amperage is 1.3A. And it's RPM is 1725. I highy doubt a well known manufacturer of motors such as Emmerson will falsify these numbers to CSA.

I can see the wattage numbers being different but not much. If you multiply out the Volts and Amps on the side of the motor you get 149.5 VA(Volt Amps). This is usually not equal to Watts. Unless it is a perfectly efficient system with no resistance or inductance(which for the most part is impossible). With this being a motor tho it should be almost 100% efficient. So you could say that VA is very close to Watts.

In a nutshell I'll put money on this pump drawing 150W like they say. Or very darned close to it.

I'll test it a bit later with my transducer to make sure. Have to re-wire it a bit.

[ 20 May 2002, 12:12: Message edited by: DJ88 ]