View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 01:10 AM

trinac is on a distinguished road
Red face a former Fishville fanatic

I read everyone's stories of how they got into the hobby, nice read. I didn't see someone's tank and fall in love, and I haven't had the chance to go scuba diving anywhere spectacular yet.

How I got into the hobby was playing an online game!! haha There is a game on facebook called "Fishville". Its essentially an online tank where you may buy and sell your fish. You have to feed them, give them medicine when they get sick, aquascape etc. I learned many of the names of the more common SW fish you'll see in fish stores and started my own online collection. I liked this game so much that I began to wish I could have real live fish in my own SW aquarium.

From there I bought a beginners book on the hobby to see if it was something I could be interested in / have time for. After reading that I read 4 more books over a few months I started up the hobby!!! (and quit Fishville)

My tank is a 30G (36" L x 12" W) that used to be my grandpa's, so my family is stoked that one of his tanks is up and running again. He was big into FW tanks. I have a second tank in the basement, a 90G which isn't un and running quite yet.