View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 03:58 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

im going to get the biggest skimmer i can get to fit and i think im going to turn my 120 into a sump when my rays start to grow .as for rock im thinking some soft edged peices in the end and the rest will go in the sump.i was told no sump was needed but it cant hurt and id feel better knowing its running.im going to go for a thick sandbed varrying in depth across the tank.any ideas on lighting anyone???

im starting with a 120 because im not sure how this will turn out if i can get a little success i will upgrade to a tank im thinking the longer the better.

the reason im going saltwater is because if it doesnt work out i can switch to a reef tank easily or a aggresive fish tank and already have other tanks going, ive never had rays and ive only met a small handful of people who did and they tell me that they are more lively but from all the ones ive seen in the store id have to disagree their always buried and the freshies are always out.

plus i grew up near the ocean and the salt and ocean smell remind me of it lol thanks for all the advice guys!!