View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 09:14 PM

Aqua Man is on a distinguished road
Post Custom 375 Gallon Build

Well I have had many salt water setups in my time but have now settled on two really nice projects, this one is the largest of my collection and took a team of professional movers to install in my basement.

Size is 80"Long x 30"High x 36"Front-Back, Featuring dual hebie overflows and 380LBS of Live rock and Corals

Now with such a large tank comes such a large sump, custom 100 gallon 6 stage sump w/natural refuge, measuring 60Lx20Hx20D and hosts aprox 80-100LBS of live cured rock, buble algae and cheato. And of course insane skimmer

So with all this water to be moved around she is powered by 2 massive Dart 4700 gall/hr external pumps and 4 powerheads Korillia #5's and two very simmilar

As for lights I am running 2x 72" Coralife Strips with 6x 250watt MH and 8x 96watt Actinic PC's

[b]Now doing water changes and mixing all that new salt water had to be considered so I installed a mixing station running off one RO system, and a top off bucket of fresh water from another RO system. I also plumbed pex lines from the sump to the laundry tub with a pump to pump out old water; and pex lines from the mixing tank to the sump via another pump so I never have to carry buckets of water again....

And last but not least the glory.....

Thanks for looking everyone, I will add more cool things on this thread down the road, I do want to get a really good Camera eventually to take HD pics.

Also a special Thanks to Gordon who was a very big help into this project.

Corey

Last edited by Aqua Man; 12-12-2010 at 01:32 PM.