View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 07:13 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Oh ok, thanks. Yeah I know the stuff is fake, I thought it was the same kind of stuff that you can put around fireplaces, of which you can get "river rock" (which looks *just* like what Brad has there) or a host of other kinds of things. I don't know if the stuff I was looking at was for both indoors and outdoors but the literature showed indoors only - but I was just reading up on the technique for how to build that stuff, and well, it sounds basically the same. They said you should do tar paper even for indoors though.

Alternatively drywall would be a quick and easy way to skin my tank stand and canopy, but also kind of boring. But at the same time I don't want the tank finish to take away from the tank itself. I'll never be in the silver orb or pheasant ball or artsy red chair with concrete walls kind of interior design category that some looloos are in but at the same time I'd like to try to at least say I put some thought into how it would look. I don't think I'd want river rock since that look has been done now but there are a number of other kinds that are pretty nice.

Anyhow just things I'm thinking about. Thanks for the info.