View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 09:38 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
What's the blue stuff wrapped around the pump? I see you have it in the water as well.
A few layers of foam to dampen the vibration from the pump. The pump comes with a foot that has suction cups but I found it a little annoying how it suctioned to the bottom of the sump. Plus, the foot added a little bit of width to the whole thing which I wanted to reduce :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleus View Post
was going to ask that as well the yellow and blue sponges that you have in tank. What are those for?
The sponges are dish sponges that are quite porous and I used to use them for bacteria culture when I migrated everything from my previous 90g to the new 150g. I was going to take them out but discovered that copepods love to use them as breeding grounds so I leave them in there now. They are so porous that they don't seem to gunk up as I've never had to rinse them out in the entire year that I've had them. It might also be because they float. I'm thinking of throwing a few more in there to use as bacterial seeds for my quarantine tank. That is, whenever I need to set up a quarantine, just grab some of these sponges and throw them into the QT tank. If things get bad and I have to treat the QT with say, copper, I can throw out the sponges and buy new ones with little impact to my wallet.

Last edited by kien; 04-23-2010 at 09:41 PM.