Thread: dead fish?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 04:16 AM

irene060606 is on a distinguished road
Question alive!

So after i thought he was dead, the next day my cleaner shrimp went missing. I thought something might be off. I took my water the the LFS and they said everything was great. The dude also said, that there is a possibility that i have a "brown or black crab" that is feasting on my babies. I said "No way, i dont have any kind of crab, just blue legged and halloween" .....and then an hour later it hit me! About a month ago i found the head part of a skeleton- that was the shape that crabs are- but i brushed it of and forgot about it. Is there really a chance that i got a crab i never got in the tank, and its been hiding and eating all along? The crab head was about 3/4 of an inch. ....but that leads to another problem- did it die, or do i have more then one, or was that its old shell? Anywas, my fish has returned...the cleaner however did not. (btw, my cleaner has NEVER hid. I mean NEVER - all day and all night he chilled on the rocks. So now that the fish is back, the question is, do i have this crazy crab? ..if not...how did the crazy head get in there? weird. am i making ANY sence?

P.S> thanks for the replies everyone! im new and this website is REALLY helpful!