View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 11:42 PM

marknash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
You should also be testing for calcium, magnesium, alkalinity and ph. Not too sure about that skimmer. Never heard of it. Assume it is a HOB. The flow is not too much. I really don't think that you have a peppermint shrimp, sounds more like a camelback. I would recommend you take it back to the LFS you got it from and than go find another LFS. I'm sure there is members on here that can direct you to a good one in your area. If you find a coral you like most places will let you put a hold on it. Do some research on it and than decide if you have the proper means to keep it alive and thriving and if it is compatible with other things in your tank. A good book to start with is The Conscientious Marine Aquarist. A little research saves alot of money and heartache.
thank you for being so helpful! we do test our ph, but not our calcium and mg. we do have test kits for it.. so we will begin doing so.
my shrimp is very translucent. there are two markings on it that it says from your articles that help to tell its a peppermint shrimp.. so im very certain its a peppermint. Am just keeping an eye on him.. if he continues to pick at the mushroom i will take him back to our LFS
thanks again!!