View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 09:32 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by andestang View Post
Wow lots to catch up here ! Looking great by the way. I'm waiting for my Profilux III update kit. How is your main display? I've read about some complaints that display is really dim or parts of it. Also did you get warranty with yours, with all the self installs and problems with the way people are doing them I've been told that self install are not warrantied. I've wrote to them with this concern and all they did was respond back with the "how to install update manual" .
I do find the main display dimmer than the previous one, but I rarely use the main display. Instead I have the ProfiluxView II that I use for all displays. Very hand because the controller is tucked under the stand.

I did not get warranty with mine, I doubt that that's even possible? To be honest, if I was them i would not warranty self installs either as A LOT can go wrong, horribly wrong. I think people should only attempt self installs at their own risk. Aqua-Digital (Canadian supplier) actually provides an upgrade install service if you ship him your unit he'll install it for you and that *may* be warranty, I don't know. Again, I certainly would not recommend to anyone to do the install by themselves if they are at all hesitant. The instructions are pretty good but there are little gotchas like 1. they don't actually spell out how to remove the top cover. 2. There are screws that need to be removed from the PCB but they are not standard screws so you need to run out and buy a screwdriver for it but they don't tell you what types of screws they are! (I was lucky and just happened to have that screwdriver around from when I took apart my cell phone ). There were other little things that weren't documented that I stumbled on and had scour the internet to find answers too