View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 08:14 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Love how you document all the little details Kien. Looks like a really nice tank you had made there I'm looking forward to seeing more. My only concern is those 3 pipes tying those tanks together. You added one more pipe to keep up with the flow...so you have enough plus a tiny bit? I'm sure you'll make sure they never get plugged...but there isn't a great margin of safety there from what I understand...
Thanks :-) Ya, those three pipes going out of the water change tank flow more than enough now. Two of those pipes was actually enough to just barely keep up with the overflow of the 131g's 1" drainpipe WIDE OPEN. I just didn't like how close I was cutting it with just the two pipes as they were totally submerged when running in that mode (but still keeping up). Adding the third is what's giving me that margin for error, plus the herbie is not typically run with the main drain pipe wide open so there's a margin for error there as well. On top of that, if the main herbie drain plugs up the WIDE OPEN emergency bypasses the water change tank entirely and goes straight to the secondary tank which is a total non issue. Trust me, I fear floods like I fear root canals