View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 08:59 PM

cdp is on a distinguished road

Salty beat me to the punch.

That's the same thing I received from Bill at Neptune. In addition I asked him whether mushrooms and rics were importable and here was his reply:

"Yessir alot of things (corals & zoas/palys) are cultured here- but the Rics are cultured elsewhere and I get them in, and they already have the aquaculture certificates and permits umbrella web corallimorphs/ blue discosoma/ Orange Yumas/ ember orange...ect are from cultured growouts
-the main things that are CITES are LPS like Aussie scolys/ anchor hammers/ blasto colonies/ fungia plates ect"

Sounds like Bill knows his stuff regarding shipping these across the border. My understanding is that it comes down to whether the items are aquacultured. Scuba Steve did you end up ordering back in November through Neptune and were there any issues? And was there duty charges?

I figure the best way to do this is as follows
- I've attached the pricelist for his current instock corals and zoas/palys.
- Please review the list, make your selections, and send them to me so that I can let Bill know and he can start placing things on hold.
- I will also make sure he reviews our order for any items that may cause trouble at the border, so please be mindful to keep your order to zoas/palys and what he described above. I will not take responsibility for confiscated shipment.
- Bill told me that a big enough order will wave his packing fee, and that larger orders will also receive a discount. Once he has approved our order I'll have him send me the grand total in USD$ with discounts, fees, and a shipping estimate.
- As this is an currency exchange order, my plan is to ask VISA what exchange rate they will use and then make the appropriate adjustments to everyone's totals to reflect shipping and exchange, and then send them back. I figure Bill's preference (I'm confirming with him right now) is for everyone to pay me and me to pay Bill using VISA. I'm comfortable doing this as long as I'm paid prior to the items being shipped. Please let me know if you have any concerns.
- Pickups will most likely be from my place in N.van (near Lynn Valley). My tank is small so everything will stay bagged and require immediate pickup. Any difference in shipping costs will either be refunded or requested at pickup.

I doubt there is an arrive alive guarantee, however it will be an overnight shipment so I don't think that will be an issue.

Ideally we get this order in over the next few days so the items can be put on hold. Let the orders begin!
C.

Last edited by cdp; 04-18-2010 at 03:34 PM.