View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 04:01 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Ha, ha, now there's a brilliant idea, an air mattress foot pump! I have a battery powered air pump for my display that automatically cuts in when power is lost and I'm away. But your idea has definite advantages when one is at home during an outage. To expand on your idea, so to speak, one could actually get an air mattress, fill it up with the foot pump.... or by simple breath power... and somehow hook that up to an air line with a valve to regulate the pressure/flow. That way you might only have to get up once during the night.... What think you?

This has really got the creative juices going with regard to good old 'air' power. I've also toyed with the idea of using an air compressor with a large storage tank for certain applications where air might be required, such as a monster air driven skimmer. You'd need a good regulator to tap off the air tank and voila! Depending on the size of the air tank, you could run air into your system for days, or even run the skimmer constantly. You'd no longer be limited by the height of the skimmer either. A six or eight footer would be no problem in a basement sump system. Getting a little off topic here, but....