View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 05:58 AM

viperfish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
hmm 150 gal total water btween two display tanks and a sump, packed full of SPS and a few fish.. what more did I need? I think a lot of it was because of lots of flow, over sized skimmer, Ca reactor, Kalk reactor, UV, chiller, ect... that I didn't have to worry about doseing which to me is a huge PITA. my theory has always been to use lots and big equipment to make my job less. and once the tank was set up and established it was something to look at, not something to work on.

Steve
I agree, and I have a similar setup with a 180 and a 90 and lots of gear (Only I dose two part instead of reactors). My problem is I can't just look at it! I have to be tweaking and changing, I always see an idea for improvement or a way of making it better, and I just can't rest until I try it out. My dogs are my pets, they're like a part of the family, I just don't see my tanks the same way. I see reefing as a challenge, one which you never master but you always have another idea that will get you as close to perfection as the wallet (and the Wife) will allow.