View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 11:50 PM

es355lucille is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to es355lucille

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotzee View Post
Go with a Eheim. I used to always use Mag pumps but eventually got fed up with the excessive noise and restart issues. I know the initial cost for a Eheim is a lot more but it was well worth it and it will last forever.
I will look into the Eheim.......most that I have seen are a lower flow rate....but it beats needing hearing protection to feed the tank!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdy View Post
I love Eheims' pumps myself but I think they are looking for flow in the 1800-2400 gph range.

I am thinking you may have to go to external to get it quieter and in that flow range.
Yes, I am looking for a larger volume.......but need to find something quiet for sure. External is not so good as I don't have much room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
You can get a Red Dragon Pump in that range and it can be used internal or external. You won't find a quieter pump but unfortunately you probably won't find a pricier one either.
I will go check out the dimentions and pump price. The dimentions will tell me if I can fit it in the sump or not. Externally I don't have much room....unless I set it on the kitchen table. I will cover it with the table cloth and my wife won't even know its there!

Thanks for everyones input....I should have asked on here a while ago and I could have eleviated some PAIN!! More a PITA making changes to find out nothing changes or it gets worse!

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51996

Photobucket