View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 09:02 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

At least it is not an oil tanker and thus the potential volume of oil spill is considerably less. Still, it's not good. It sucks that it struck reef at full speed. I'm sure there is considerable damage to the reef, even if localized. It's just.. you know. Every little bit adds up.

It doesn't matter to me who owns the vessel. This could have happened to anyone. If you're going to operate a vessel of that magnitude it just seems to me to be common sense to have qualified people operating it.

I wouldn't dream of taking my little putt-putt boat into waters I didn't know without first consulting a depth chart or at the very least, keeping an eye on my depth gauge. Thus I'm having a very hard time coming to terms that such a large vessel is even capable of being piloted aground.