View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 11:56 PM

ickmagnet is on a distinguished road

To answer the last question, I did not have to pay anything for shipping because marinedepot will ship anything for free in the US if it is over 170 bucks or something. I bought four of the pumps and had them shipped to an address in Bellingham (distant relatives). haha. If you don't know anyone near the border, there are a lot of people on this website that do who will be more than willing to help you out.

I paid GST and PST on the pumps. It came to like 20 bucks but sometimes they will just let you through.

Ok the quick review:

I connected all 4 of the koralia evo (1400 gph) to the redsea wavemaster all alongside one side of my tank. I turned it on and I was dreading a clicking noise (pumps turning on and off) but it never came. In fact, I had to put my hand in the tank to see if they were even working. They are silent and are at least as strong as my koralia 4 (1200 gph). I will try to attach a pic to compare the size difference. So far, I am impressed but durability will be the key determining factor and unfortunately, that can only happen with time. I'll update again after a few weeks. Even pintos drive awesome straight out of the dealership. But so far, so good!