View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 04:47 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

So on Friday I go to my friends place pick up live rock, lights, and a better heater and my other friend met me there with his koralia nano I'm thinking yay it's all coming together. We go out for dinner and when we came back we go to get the frog fish and it's dead! He had it for about a year and neither one of us could hardly believe that it was really dead, but unfortunately it really was I'm hoping in the nearish future I can get another frogfish for my tank.

But for now I have a 20g cube tank with a bunch of yellow tail damsels in it, I gave the other types of damsels away. I also have a dumb blenny in it right now (since he likes to jump) and that's why there is a funny egg create/mesh screen/gutter guard lid on the tank. I also have my one rock from my reef tank in the 20g with my AI power head (for all you Edmontonians who will know what I'm talking about) red zoos on it. For some reason all my zoos melted in my reef tank and when these ones started to go, I thought I'd try putting them in the 20g. That way my reef rock could help further seed the new somewhat already cured rock, and maybe my zoos wouldn't melt.

The maxi jet was a bit noisy so I went to a LFS and I bought a new propeller
for the koralia one I have. Now it works great and is nice and quiet.

I have only had this tank set up for 4 days and I have changed out some rock twice now (got ones now that are all aptasia free) and have moved the rock work around 4 times. I like how the rock work is now but I will have to move it around again when I need to get the blenny out.

Here's how it looks now. When I get the blenny out I will take the makeshift lid off and put the legs for the lights back on.

makeshift lid

Oh and FYI don't clean the hard salt spot on the glass with your shirt sleeve. As you can see by the pen lid poking through, when you do that you risk putting a hole in your shirt (still can't believe I did that!)

Last edited by fishoholic; 07-11-2010 at 03:03 AM.