View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 08:27 AM

OceanicCorals-Eugene- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowfish View Post
who is the manufacturer of these? are they ul approved (a improtant thing)? i'm looking for 12 spots to light a 70 gallon sps tank but i also want to buy from a trusted manufacturer who knows what they are doing i dont want to be buying something made by a teenage kid. Just too many variables with led construction, any tom dick and harry can buy the parts off the web and put them together for less then the cost of a six pack. But if this company icecooled is not some fly by night company that has just started up and has put in the R&D and legit enough to get proper ul certification then you can put me down for a bunch of them for my upcoming build!! Please give us more info, is there a website for this manufacturer? any par numbers? longevity of the bulbs? heatsink calculations? existing users? where are they made? (hopefully not in a basement j/k ) I checked reefcentral but couldn't find any info on these, sorry for all the questions but i'm sure anybody who is going to buy leds are going to ask these questions anyways.
The more questions asked the better as we want to sell products that not just efficient/ lower cost, but safe as well and the questions you pointed out are addressing a lot of the issues related to that.. In regards to this product the name ICE cooL.E.D is something that we came up with for it, so a company called ICE cooL.E.D doesnt exist!. However these units are CE certified and the company is currently in the process of getting there MET approval done as well as CSA, we made sure that the company we picked to manufacture these had these certificates as it would be hazardous to sell products which were poorly made, especially when it has to do with electricity and salt water. So just to clarify these units are made by a legit company and not a teenage kid in some basement haha. We had sourced a company in China that had been in the LED industry for a while now (15+ years) but more on the side of everyday household lighting. Unfortunately i cant provide you with a website to the manufacture for obvious reasons but these spotlights are using PAR38 drivers and Cree XR-E LEDs like that found in the EVIL66 spotlights so they should perform close to if not similar to them..

We will be testing these bulbs in our store once they come in and will be testing it out with a PAR meter to see what they give off as well as the temperature they run at. I'll keep you guys posted.

Spects for both lamps
Base Type: E26/E27
Input Voltage: AC110
LED: Cree XR-E
Driver current: 600mA
Optics: 60degree
Ambient Temp Required: less than 68C
Emitter Life: 50,000 hours
Safety Standards: CE ROHS
Over Current Protection
Reverse Polarity Protection

EDIT:heat sink fin size has been added onto the first post.

Last edited by OceanicCorals-Eugene-; 03-21-2010 at 08:42 AM.