View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 10:26 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin65 View Post
Considering what a dog will cost you over its lifetime in vet bills and food a thousand is not that much to pay for a dog, but like you said to each his own.
the price of the dog is the cheep part, its what the vets soak you for the 3 rounds of shots, spay/nuter/ect.. we paid 1K for our golden, then another 400 in vet charges for shots, 500 is going towards training classes ect.. and I haven't even inquired to what nutering costs yet. oh I am almost at 400 in food for the last 3 months plus 1 or 2 more... so ya.. the price of the dog isn't realy relivent other than its a one time charge..

I should also add the 225 for the dog we got from the SPCA, 200 bucks in food for 3 months, 500 bucks in trying to cure her of her dog agression problems.. and what you can put a value on is the heartbreak of the kids and us when we decided we had to take her back...

thats why we went with a puppy and hegged our bets with a breed that is knowen to be exelent with people and other animals. the other dog was a goldenX we found out it was crossed with a chow and attitude wise it is the chow that domanated when dealing with other dogs. that is the only down side to a crossed dog, you never know which trates will domanate and there is no continuity even in litter mates. now we could have been luckey with the SPCA dog also.. we had a 50/50 chance.. but we wernt.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.

Last edited by StirCrazy; 03-18-2010 at 10:32 PM.