View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 10:15 PM

Marlin65 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
If life came with a guarantee always, that would be something. Life does not work that way. So because your dog has this guarantee and something goes wrong do you send it back and get a replacement??? You have chosen a pedigree for personnel reasons. You like the look, breed, whatever helped you decide that a pedigree was your cup of tea. Have owned a pedigree and she was just like every other one in her breed.

My 2 current dogs are mutts. They eat, sleep, play, protect me, bark and **** just like any pedigree pouch does. They may not look like the typical pure bred dog, but they have been wonderful companions and I would not trade them for anything.
No I agree there is never a for sure but with this dog I know that my odds are a lot less to have problems as he has a family health that goes back generations of not having these problems. I would never send him back but wanted the odds stacked in my favor this time.
My last three were mutts and they were great dogs as well. That being said I wanted one that I knew I would not have curtain problems with as well as I picked this dog for my life style.
Here is a picture of what happens when you take a dog hiking that has hip problems. This was his last hiking trip with me.
Not fun to carry a 130lbs dog out of the bush.