View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 11:09 PM

Aleks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigA View Post
Does anyone know how to mod an aquaclear 110 to make it into a refugium? Tried to find plans using google, but didn't find any that looked useful.
Simple simple, I did my 300 for a fuge......Take out the basket, cut it into the 3 sections (tip side and top), throw 1 side out. Use aquarium safe silicone, and use the remaining side to make a vertical baffle in the basin of the AC, it can be right against the indent for the motor housing, or as I did left about 1cm of space between, to allow water to flow to the bottom, and room for . Now you have a space to put your sand, rubble and cheato into. Take the bottom of the basket you cut, it should be a grid perforation type pattern, use it as a strainer in the outlet, I cut mine to perfect size (including able to put the lid on), and silicones it in place. Lastly, you can cut a hole for lighting in the lid, depending on what you will be using, and you can either buy a smaller impeller for the motor, or I just cut off a few blades....I would recommend buying a smaller impeller though, my flow drastically reduced to just enough, so it was risky.....Sorry I have no pics....